Marketing / Graphic Design Intern
Ignite Student Ministries is a Christian organization that empowers youth, young adults, university students, and churches to effectively reach the local college campus with the gospel of Christ. Ignite is an international organization, with branches in the USA and in the Czech Republic, providing leadership training and resources to churches.
Position: Marking and Graphic Design Intern
Description: Ignite seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and graphic design efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for an international nonprofit organization.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Maintain Ignite’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn updates
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Design flyers, graphics, and other marketing material for major events
- Update the Ignite website when needed
- Reach out to local churches, general public, and donors with the message of Ignite’s mission
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing
- Meet regularly with Executive Director for planning, focus, and direction.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired
- Knowledge of WordPress highly desired
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design highly desired
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize
- Must have own computer, InDesign and Photoshop software, and be willing to work unsupervised for periods of time
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3-6 month commitment
Hours: 8-10 hours/week, but can be flexible
Compensation: This is an Unpaid / Volunteer Internship.
Academic Credit: We will work with your school to provide academic credit for your internship.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and link to samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ignite Student Ministries is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.